PRIDE Industries Material Handler Lead in Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: Material Handling Laborer Lead
SCA OCCUP: 21040 Material Handling Laborer
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
APPROVAL DATE: August 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, performs a variety of duties related to the organization, storage, and movement of products and materials within a warehouse or commissary environment. Employees in this job class review customer orders, pull products and materials from bins and load, unload, and transfer items among hand-trucks or other transporting devices. This job requires knowledge of warehouse organization, processes and procedures, and the ability to operate hand-trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
*Prioritize and assign tasks, including coordination of work schedules to ensure coverage, rebalancing as necessary for special projects and customer satisfaction.
*Maintain supplies and equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
- Train workers in the safe and proper use of products and equipment to meet quality and safety standards.
*Train and assist workers in performing duties.
*Monitor progress of tasks and inspect completed work to ensure quality.
*Investigate discrepancies and report them to management, recommending improvements to resolve issues.
*Monitor usage of inventory, supplies and equipment.
Initiate supply/repair orders when inventory is low or replacements/repairs are required.
*Prepare records and reports as needed.
10.*Maintain a good relationship with workers and customer.
11.*Perform activities involved in the transferring of materials from Receiving to proper storage within a warehouse racking system.
12.*Review orders and pull product from warehouse racking system to support order requirements.
13.*Consolidate product and bins within warehouse or facility to maintain organization and efficiency.
14.*Load and unload freight from trucks, storage containers, or vehicle.
15.*Sort and stack materials to be palletized for movement.
16.*Restack product and remove excess packaging materials as needed.
17.*Inspect material and product for proper and secure packaging while maintaining integrity and proper condition in bin locations
18.*Process real-time systematic transactions for moving materials using RF scan guns.
19.*Operate motorized vehicles such as a forklift.
20.Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Must meet all requirements of the worker position being led;
• High school diploma or G.E.D.;
• One year of related experience;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges preferred;
• Familiarity with receiving processes and procedures preferred;
• Experience operating a forklift, RF Scan Gun, and other material handling equipment preferred;
• Ability to manage material resources and time and to work independently and as a team;
• Computer literacy and ability to look up and enter information using a computer;
• Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices and procedures, including safety and proper use of PPE, tools, and equipment;
• Ability to communicate effectively; to present information and to respond to questions from managers, workers, clients, customers and others; and to escalate matters appropriately;
• Human relations and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships;
• Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and common sense skills;
• Ability to learn specialized software related to departmental operations;
• Communication skills to provide procedural and factual information, and respond to questions from customers, employees and others;
• Knowledge of basic business English including vocabulary and spelling.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
TYPICAL PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, reaching
• Lifting up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Viewing Computer screen
• Climbing on and off of material handling equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a warehouse or commissary environment with forklifts, material handling equipment, and exposure to hot and cold, depending on external weather conditions.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required
of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2018-8694
Type Part Time Regular
Location US-MD-Andrews Air Force Base
Additional Information ..